The Malaysian government has imposed Movement Control Order from March 18th to April 14th 2020 nationwide to curb the spread of the Covid-19 infection in Malaysia.
Dear Visa Applicants,
In a drastic move to stem a surge in coronavirus infections, Malaysia government has declared that the entire country will be on a movement control order starting from March 18th to April 14th 2020. The Movement Control Order is imposed under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 and well as the Police Act 1967, which cover a range of activities as below:
1. All places of worship and business premises must be closed except for supermarkets, public markets, grocery stores, and stores selling basic necessities. In addition, all religious activities in mosques and surau will be suspended in line with the Special Muzakarah Council’s decision on Sunday.
2. Malaysians will be barred from leaving the country and restrictions placed on the entry of all tourists and foreign visitors into Malaysia. Malaysians who have returned from overseas have to go for a health check- up and undergo self-quarantine for 14 days.
3. All foreign tourists will be banned from entering the country during this time.
4. All nurseries, government and private schools, including boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centres as well as primary, secondary and pre-university education institutions will be shuttered.
5. All public and private universities as well as vocational training center will be closed.
6. Government and private premises would be closed except those providing essential services. These include water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, post, transportation, water services, oil, gas, fuel, broadcasting, financial, banking, health, pharmacy, the Fire and Rescue Department, prisons, ports, airports, security, defense, cleaning, retail and food supplies.